FrankieOne is solving the largest problem in financial services - legacy systems. We help the largest tier 1 financial institutions in the world through to the fastest growing fintechs. FrankieOne is a VC backed, product lead, global fintech. We have connected over 100+ global identity and fraud providers into a single platform, providing our customers with a single unified view though our API.
Who we are looking for
We’re currently recruiting for a software engineering leader with experience in building and nurturing cross-functional teams in a fast -paced startup environment. As a hands-on technical leader, you will be working with the CTO to drive the next phase of FrankieOne’s technical team growth and culture. As a VP – Engineering you’ll be working with all parts of the technical organisation: development, QA, security, devops, architecture and scrum/delivery.
You’ll combine your technical know-how, and engineering management skills to help shape the growth of the technical team as Frankie seeks to expand its business and enhance its architecture to meet the ever increasing demand for our service.
- At least 4 years experience building and leading software engineering teams in an Agile, startup environment
- Minimum of 7 years of direct software engineering experience, with exposure to back-end and front end technology stacks
- Highly structured organisation skills, as you’ll be working with the CTO and Scrum Master to plan and implement the technical and product roadmap
- Strong communication skills, as you’ll be required to ensure that teams understand what we’re building, as well as with management to articulate concepts and progress.
- Experience building cloud native software, ideally with a focus on AWS technologies
- Deep understanding of scalable and secure architectural principles
- Experience in applying DevOps principles to software engineering teams, with a focus on building and leading cross-functional teams
- Be able to mentor junior and senior developers
Nice to have:
- Exposure to working with financial systems or similar services with high availability and security requirements
- A background working with one or more of Golang, Node.js, Typescript and Vue
- An AWS architecture or development certification
Your key day to day role will include:
- Working to foster Agile best practices across all facets of the engineering team
- Helping to design and build the next generation of FrankieOne’s architecture as we move into the next phase of technical growth.
- Advocating and driving automated testing and release processes
- Seeking to continuously improve the service and technology stack
- You will have some time “on the tools” as well, working on some of the more challenging parts of our service
- You will work closely with CTO and other senior engineers to build team culture
What success looks like
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so that you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase and your team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful.
You will work with the CTO and the rest of the technical leadership to start taking over the day-to-day engineering management.
- You’ll work with the product team and scrum master to plan delivery of the product roadmap.
- You’ll be part of the core architecture team to design how the service will best meet the needs of the business.
- You’ll work with the QA team to ensure that our software is well tested before it heads out the door
- You’ll work with DevOps and security to ensure that everything runs smoothly, from dev to prod.
- You’ll also be involved in the recruitment of new team members as we grow, bringing your own vision to bear on the culture of the engineering group.
We're offering a salary + equity package commensurate with experience. We have a flexible work-from-home policy, along with a vibrant office culture.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
If you're up for a challenge and getting in on a startup with a mission to fix some of the biggest issues in financial systems - then hit the apply button and tell us how you can add your awesomeness to ours.