FrankieOne is solving the largest problem in financial services - legacy systems. We help the largest tier 1 financial institutions in the world through to the fastest growing fintechs. FrankieOne is a VC backed, product lead, global fintech. We have connected over 100+ global identity and fraud providers into a single platform, providing our customers with a single unified view though our API.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for Golang developers to join our software development team in Melbourne or Sydney. You’ll have experience in building secure, robust and flexible APIs and "right-sized" services in a modern, Linux-based AWS environment.
- 4 years of software engineering experience (with at least 12 months of Golang)
- Experience using frameworks/tech like Gin and OpenAPI/Swagger to define & create complex API services
- Experience using AWS services like Lambda, SQS, ECS, S3, DynamoDB, Secrets and others to assist in building complex systems.
- A love writing clean, well tested code. Using Golang’s testing framework will be second nature to you.
- Used Docker to containerise your work
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.
Experience with languages other than Golang too - we like your development experience to be well rounded! We also want to know why you like working with Golang, so having something to compare it to really helps.
Extra special bonus points:
- If you've worked on evented architectures, rules-based engines or DSLs, then we definitely want to hear from you.
- Exposure to graph databases like ArangoDB will rate incredibly highly!
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Work to turn stories into clean, well tested code
- Work with your colleagues to solve problems, share experience and co-ordinate on the best ways of working together.
- Work with the QA team to ensure you’re handing over code that meets requirements.
- Be part of the team that is building the next generation of the FrankieOne platform too.
What success looks like
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so that you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase and your team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. We’ll aim to have you checking in your first code in the first 2 weeks.
From there you’ll start to take on more and more complex tickets as you learn the codebase and service.
By 3 months you’ll be able to handle most new service enhancements and product changes.
By 6 months you’ll be an integral part of the engineering core, adding, enhancing, refactoring and designing new services.
We're offering a salary + equity package commensurate with experience. We have a flexible work-from-home policy, along with a vibrant office culture.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
If you're up for a challenge and getting in on a startup with a mission to fix some of the biggest issues in financial systems - then hit the apply button and tell us how you can add your awesomeness to ours.