FrankieOne is solving the largest problem in financial services - legacy systems. We help the largest tier 1 financial institutions in the world through to the fastest growing fintechs. FrankieOne is a VC backed, product lead, global fintech. We have connected over 100+ global identity and fraud providers into a single platform, providing our customers with a single unified view though our API.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a senior full-stack engineer to join our software development team in Melbourne or Sydney. As a senior engineer, you will be deeply involved in the design, building and evolution of our award-winning service. We work in small, cross functional teams, combining design, front-end, back-end, QA and devops. Our product is about to undergo a major evolutionary change and as a leader, you’ll be intimately involved in helping to shape this. You’ll be bringing your experience to bear helping to build upon a can-do culture and sharing your knowledge amongst the team.
- At least 2 years experience leading software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Be able to mentor junior developers
- Minimum of 1 year working with Typescript
- At least 2 years building consumer facing services in reactive JS frameworks such as Vue or React
- Deep understanding of HTML5, ES6, CSS3/Sass, Bootstrap and other front-end technologies
- Solid experience in using testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress.
- Good understanding of responsive design concepts
- Experience in designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs with JSON payloads
- Experience in using build automation CI/CD tools
Nice to have:
- Experience with back-end oriented languages, such as Golang, Java or other JVM based language
- Exposure to devops practices
- Used Docker to containerise your work
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.
Extra special bonus points:
- If you've worked on evented architectures, rules-based engines or DSLs, then we definitely want to hear from you.
- Exposure to graph databases like ArangoDB will rate incredibly highly!
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Working with product and design to build well structured and tested Vue.js and Node + typescript services
- Working with the back-end engineering team to help define and consume internal API services
- Advocating automated testing processes
- Seeking to continuously improve the service and technology stack
- You will work closely with the Development Lead, VP Engineering and CTO.
What success looks like
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so that you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase and your team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. We’ll aim to have you checking in your first code in the first 2 weeks.
From there you’ll start to take on more and more complex tickets as you learn the codebase and service.
By 3 months you’ll be able to handle most new service enhancements and product changes. Your experience will have been brought to bear on the existing codebase, with ideas and suggestions for improvements.
By 6 months you’ll be an integral part of the engineering core, adding, enhancing, refactoring and designing new services.
We're offering a salary + equity package commensurate with experience. We have a flexible work-from-home policy, along with a vibrant office culture.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
If you're up for a challenge and getting in on a startup with a mission to fix some of the biggest issues in financial systems - then hit the apply button and tell us how you can add your awesomeness to ours.