FrankieOne is solving the largest problem in financial services - legacy systems. We help the largest tier 1 financial institutions in the world through to the fastest growing fintechs. FrankieOne is a VC backed, product lead, global fintech, we have connected over 100+ global identity and fraud providers into a single platform and providing a single unified view and single unified API.
Who we are looking for
We’re currently recruiting for a superstar Head of People and Culture to drive key talent, HR and people operations initiatives as we take our team to the next level. This is your chance to not only join but help build our foundational team as we seek to grow and scale our business rapidly and effectively.
As the Head of People and Culture, the focus of your role will be partnering with key leaders within the business when it comes to recruiting, interviewing, employer branding, and employee health and wellbeing. Reporting to the CEO, you will support the company executives in finding and hiring the best talent in the market across multiple teams and disciplines. Most importantly, you’ll be the number one champion when it comes to shaping and promoting company culture and employer brand to attract and retain the best talent. You’ll also be responsible for key operational programs such as onboarding new starters, staff compensation, performance management and learning and development.
We want to ensure FrankieOne is a great place to work filled with passionate and exceptional people. Your number one goal in this role will be to build a happy and engaged high performing team who feel supported in their work environment.
If you are collaborative and thrive on working in a high energy and fast-paced environment, where curiosity and creating beautifully simple solutions to complex problems is at your core, we would love to hear from you.
- 6+ years experience in a start-up or recruitment agency across people, talent, recruitment or HR
- A strong understanding of B2B tech and proven experience recruiting for engineering and product roles
- Experience in driving and initiating employee branding initiatives
- Experience in driving and initiating HR systems and processes
- A team player who is used to partnering cross-functionally to support, and juggle the needs of various departments
- Networks in Australia – you know all the best talent in town!
- Management and leadership coaching experience is a plus
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- A culture carrier – you live and breathe the values of the company, and are able to articulate them clearly and in a compelling manner to candidates
- Knowledge of employment laws a plus
Working in a small start-up team provides a unique opportunity to be able to learn very fast from those around you and help build a team from the ground up.
Your key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing top talent for the company that aligns with leaders needs and objectives.
- Managing all recruitment operations including preparation of job descriptions, applicant tracking, candidate communications and onboarding new starters.
- With support from marketing, developing and owning employee branding initiatives such as award applications, employee vox pops, company presence on Glassdoor and LinkedIn, and management of the careers page on the website.
- In partnership with the COO, implementing people operations programs including human resource systems, competitive staff compensation, performance management framework and resourcing frameworks
- At times, providing coaching and feedback to leadership and management team, and assisting in guiding professional development programs of work to help develop more junior members of the team.
- Working closely with the CEO to create a supportive and inclusive environment where the team feels inspired and valued through initiatives such as access to learning and curriculum, benefits programs, company celebrations/events and more.
- Manage all people related internal comms and act as an independent advisor to the entire team
What success looks like
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so that you understand the company culture and meet all of your cross-functional partners. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. You will also spend quite a bit of this time working with Simon, the CEO so that you have a full understanding of FrankieOne’s mission and vision.
In the next few months begin to recruit top talent, ensure smooth onboarding, start to build your first culture initiatives,
Your focus for the first 3-6 months will be to develop a people and culture strategy and lifecycle, supported by robust operational systems (HRIS & recruiting tools) that streamlines and automates admin heavy parts of yours, and leaderships roles. Within this, you will be expected to establish best practices for performance management, develop our EVP (employee value prop), create a recognition program and build a bench of strong talent in addition to filling open roles.
Ultimately the absolute indicator of success in this role will be to keep employee turnover low with a particular focus on high performing individuals, plus reducing average time to hire. The opportunity exists for this individual to drive a program of work to achieve this goal in whatever way they see fit.
You will be reporting to Simon Costello, FrankieOne’s CEO. Simon initially started his career in investment banking though has since successfully founded 3 further startups across Europe (www.streetbees.com), Asia (www.hyphengroup.io) and Australia (bopple.com), collectively raising over $200m in capital. Simon is a bit of a hippy at heart, rides his bicycle everywhere, lives in the North and his pride and joy is his vegetable patch and wormery.
You’ll be working closely with Aaron Chipper, FrankieOne’s CTO. Aaron has been programming since the age of 7 and has spent the majority of his career either working in or with startups. He spent 20 years building mobile and social payments networks across the globe and was part of the team that sold Fusion Payments to Telstra. When not wrangling 1’s and 0’s, Aaron like to work in his orchard or with his bees.
You’ll also be working closely with Mark Powell, FrankieOne’s CFO/COO. Mark Powell joined FrankieOne as the first employee and has worn many hats as the company has grown over the last 2 years. Before joining, Mark spent 11 years in investment banking roles in Sydney and New York, and brings a breadth of experience across finance, operations and leadership roles.
Offer competitive packages
Flexible work from home policy
Fun office events and gatherings
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or marital, veteran, or disability status.