FrankieOne is solving the largest problem in financial services - legacy systems. We help the largest tier 1 financial institutions in the world through to the fastest growing fintechs. FrankieOne is a VC backed, product lead, global fintech. We have connected over 100+ global identity and fraud providers into a single platform, providing our customers with a single unified view though our API.
Who we are looking for
We're looking for a DevOps engineer with a security focus to build and enhance our existing team. We’re trusted by banks and other security conscious organisations to handle sensitive data, so the security and stability of our operations is paramount.
You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, wrangling unruly Lambda functions, building CloudFormation scripts, through to helping to design and implement new infrastructure to support a major new piece of service functionality. Your security focus will always be cast across the existing service, looking for ways to improve how we keep our customers safe.
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/SecDevOps/SRE environment.
- Minimum of 5 years building and managing secure, highly available and robust infrastructure in AWS
- Knowledge of setting up, securing, managing and monitoring containerised services in ECS and/or Fargate. Knowledge of AppMesh a definite bonus.
- Use of Cloudformation - CDK a huge plus - and Terraform to automate the build and management of base infrastructure services
- We make extensive use of AWS technologies such as ELB/ALB, ACM, Route53, SQS, SES, RDS (PostgreSQL), Secrets Manager, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticache (Redis) and especially IAM. We expect you to know these.
- Extensive experience with git version control, git branching and merging (we use BitBucket)
- Experience in building and defining build and release pipelines using tools like BitBucket or BuildKite
- Experience using Datadog for system monitoring
- Experience with deploying Node.JS and Golang services
- Extensive experience working with Linux environments (we use Debian variants or AWS Linux)
Nice to haves
- A background in software engineering would be a plus. As mentioned above, we’re a Golang and Node/Typescript/Express/Vue shop.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and risk assessments
- Relevant professional certifications from industry organizations such as GIAC, ISC2, ISACA desired
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Provide security techniques and expertise to ensure the infrastructure and software services meet specific security requirements/certifications (ISO27001)
- Collaborate with members of the team and product owners to solve operational issues and develop enhancements such as automation
- Control and manage the end-to-end deployment processes, working with the dev team to implement and maintain CI/CD practices
- Collaborate with team members on continuous improvement to both the Security & DevOps pipelines and processes, and to the Information Security tools, services, and processes
- Work closely with senior engineering staff on systems and security architecture
- Seeking to continuously improve the service and technology stack
- You will work closely with the Development Lead, VP Engineering and CTO.
What success looks like
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so that you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase and your team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. We’ll aim to have you reviewing your first deployment in the first 2 weeks.
From there you’ll work with the existing team to review the current infrastructure with a view to adding your own contributions.
By 3 months you’ll have added your own stamp to the infrastructure, ideally working on furthering our security posture through the tightening of existing controls, or implementing new policies and procedures.
By 6 months your work will have made a significant improvement to the overall security landscape within Frankie, as well as have implemented further enhancements of the release pipeline and service infrastructure.
We're offering a salary + equity package commensurate with experience. We have a flexible work-from-home policy, along with a vibrant office culture.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
If you're up for a challenge and getting in on a startup with a mission to fix some of the biggest issues in financial systems - then hit the apply button and tell us how you can add your awesomeness to ours.